Saturday, November 28, 2009

Beacon Hill part 2

(See my previous post for the back story). These pics are of my childhood dollhouse, just as I left it years ago. She's home now and there is so much work to do! This is the kitchen. It's hard to see but I tinted the walls with a yellow wash. At the time, I thought a yellow and blue kitchen was so cheerful. You can tell it was the 80's! Teal blue and seafoam green?! And why did I paint the bays 2 different colors? :)
You can see that I tried to paint a panelling effect on the side of the stairs. The wax spots on the stairs were for holding the red corduroy carpet runner into place.
Pink and white below in the little girl's room:
This is the brightest yellow ever. Again, I must have loved the blue and yellow color combination. The painted triangles on the window were a great touch though!!

1 comment:

  1. Brought back so much memories didn't that? I would be so reluctant to change anything only because I will want to hang on to those memories lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...